Your Skin and the Food You Eat
Did you know that the food you eat has a direct correlation with the overall health of your skin? It can influence the tone, texture, and clarity of your skin. That’s right! The secret to healthier, more beautiful skin may lie in your diet. Here are some foods that can improve the appearance of your skin…
•Berries. The rich antioxidants found in berries have been proven to protect skin from premature aging.
• Dark Chocolate. Has been known to help skin stay hydrated and protect it from sun damage.
• Kiwis. Contains vitamin C and antioxidants which helps keep skin stay firm and prevent wrinkles.
• Spinach. Rich in calcium, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins (especially vitamin A), nutrients, and antioxidants which are all great for skin health.
• Tomatoes. The best source of the anti-aging antioxidant, lycopene.
• Walnuts. Eating these will give your skin a smoother appearance, plus you’ll also be able to get your daily intake of vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids.
• Yogurt. Has a high amount of calcium and vitamin A. The protein you get from dairy helps skin to become firmer thus preventing wrinkles.
• Sweet Potatoes. They are full of vitamin C, which smoothes wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen. Also are loaded with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that fights aging.
Thanksgiving Foods That Can Benefit Your Skin
Your belly may be preparing for delicious dishes this Thanksgiving, but did you know some of the food you eat on the holiday can also benefit your skin? That’s right! Some of your favorite Thanksgiving foods can improve the appearance of your skin. Check out this list of some of the foods your skin will be thankful for this Thanksgiving:
•Sweet Potatoes. They are full of vitamin C, which smooths wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen.
•Green beans. Contains antioxidants that benefit anti-aging.
•Pumpkin. Rich in vitamins A, C, and E which can help protect skin.
•Cinnamon. Improves circulation and helps prevent acne.
•Cranberries. Contains vitamin C and antioxidants which helps keep skin firm and prevent wrinkles.