Tips for Getting a Smooth Shave
Shaving can be a challenge for both men and women. Whether getting razor bumps or a rash, the process can be tough. Yet getting a smooth shave with minimal irritation is possible.
Follow these tips:
- Before you shave, wet your skin and hair to soften it. Taking a shower or bath prior is a great way.
- Next, apply a shaving cream or gel.
- Be sure to shave in the direction that the hair grows.
- Change blades or throw away disposable razors after 5 to 7 shaves to help minimize irritation.
- Those who have acne should take special care while shaving. Shaving can irritate your skin, making acne worse.
- • Men who have acne on their face, should try experimenting with an electric or disposable razor to determine which works best.
- • Use a razor with a sharp blade.
- • Shave lightly to prevent nicks and never try to shave off the acne as both can make acne worse.
If you have any further questions about shaving, especially with acne-prone skin, contact our office. Treating a skin condition, such as acne, can go a long way in reducing irritation caused by shaving.
Source: American Academy of Dermatology