Having a beard may be a good way to disguise acne on the lower part of the face, but did you know it can actually worsen it? That’s right, facial hair can affect acne. Some ways include:
• Food and dirt can get clogged in the hair leading to bacteria forming and causing infections.
• Sweat and oil from the skin can get trapped in the hair and lead to blocked pores.
• Ingrown hairs are common among beard wearers and another reason that pores can become clogged and infected.
Now don’t grab that razor just yet! There are some things you can do to reduce the effects. They are as follows:
• Keep the beard well trimmed to prevent ingrown hairs. Focus on areas where food or dirt may be lingering.
• When trimming, shave lightly in one direction to avoid cutting the skin or stretching it out. This can further aggravate acne.
• Wash the beard thoroughly each day and rinse it well to remove cleansers which can clog pores.
• Test a variety of shaving creams, shavers, and after shave products to determine which is best for your skin in particular.
• Avoid thick shaving creams which can cause pores to become clogged.
Even though having a beard can adversely impact the skin, there are ways to manage and minimize the effects. If you are still having trouble with facial acne though, contact our office.
So you picked up a Clarisonic Mia 2 from our office and now you’re wondering exactly how to clean the brush head. Here are some great tips from Dr. Robb on how to do just that:
1) Remove brush head by gently turning counter clockwise.
2) Gently rinse brush head in warm water.
3) Apply anti-bacterial soap to the brush head to clean the bristles. If necessary rinse out the interior of the brush under the sink or shower head.
4) Reattach the brush head to the unit. You are ready to sonic cleanse again!
Source: Blog.Clarisonic.com, “Ask Dr. Robb”
The skin is the largest organ and is vital in protecting our body. That’s why keeping it healthy is of the utmost importance. With November being National Healthy Skin Month, there is never a better time to explore some ways to keep your skin in the best of health all year round.
If you notice anything suspicious on your skin, or if you have a question about skin care, give our office a call today.
Source: The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
After watching the Oscars last night, it may seem like celebrity skin is the epitome of perfection, but don’t be fooled, they struggle with the same issues that everyone else does. Whether it’s acne or wrinkles, they are always looking for the latest trends or products to keep their skin looking fantastic.
Actress Jennifer Garner is no different. Her secret to keeping her blemishes at bay is the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System. It improves skin tone, reduces the appearance of pore size, and helps other skin care products work that much better. The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System utilizes a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften, and smooth the skin. In just a minute, it removes six times more makeup and twice as much dirt and oil than cleansing with just your hands.
Jennifer has reaped the benefits from using Clarisonic, you should too! Call our office today to get yours!