You now have your fresh new tattoo, now it’s time to take care of it! Proper after care treatment is important not only for your new ink, but your skin as well. To promote healing and avoid any infections follow these tips:
• Keep covered. Leave the bandage on your tattoo for a minimum of two hours after treatment. This prevents bacteria from entering the area.
• Keep clean. Wash the tattoo gently with a mild, fragrance free soap.
• Moisturize. Should be done 3-6 times a day for the first two weeks.
• Use a dye and fragrance free lotion or ointment. This will help keep the skin at the tattoo site soft and smooth.
• Avoid the sun. The first few months after you get a tattoo you should avoid the sun altogether, but if you do anticipate exposure cover the area with a physical block or a sun block with a zinc titanium base.
• Protect from the sun. The harmful UV rays can fade and damage a tattoo quite fast. A minimum 30 SPF sun block will help maintain the color of the tattoo and prevent it from fading.
Without proper care and caution a tattoo can have adverse effects to your skin and a really beautiful tattoo can turn into a disaster. If you have any questions about your tattoo or the healing process, contact the artist who performed your work.