Winter can be a tough time of year on the skin. The cold air, wind, and indoor heat can all wreak havoc. There are ways to combat this, however. Here are some tips that will help keep your skin hydrated and looking great this season:
• Limit time in the shower. Long showers can strip the skin of natural, necessary oils. This can leave the skin dry, cracked, and irritated (especially for those who suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea).
• When bathing or showering, use warm or lukewarm water instead of hot. The warmer the water, the more likely it can irritate the skin.
• Limit the time bathing or showering. Prolonged exposure to water can dry out the skin.
• After bathing or showering, pat your skin dry with a towel, don’t rub.
• Apply a moisturizer while your skin is still moist. This helps to lock in moisture and prevent drying of the skin.
• Apply sunscreen to exposed areas of skin. Even if it’s not sunny out, harmful UVA rays are still prevalent.
• Use a humidifier. Adds moisture to the air preventing the skin from drying out.
• Get a HydraFacial. The drying effects of the weather can make skin look dull. The HydraFacial will give it a needed boost of hydration.
If the winter weather is giving your skin trouble, contact our office today and let us help.