The skin is the largest organ and is vital in protecting our body. That’s why keeping it healthy is of the utmost importance. With November being National Healthy Skin Month, there is never a better time to explore some ways to keep your skin in the best of health all year round.
- •Determine your skin type (oily, dry, combination, normal or sensitive) then choose appropriate skin care products specifically tailored to that type.
• Wash your face every day using a mild, fragrance-free cleanser with lukewarm water. Don’t forget after exercising as well!
• Moisturize daily by applying a lotion or cream while your skin is still damp from bathing. This helps to lock in moisture and gets the best results.
• Protect your skin from the sun by seeking shade, wearing protective clothing and using a broad-spectrum, water resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
• Examine your skin regularly for suspicious or unusual spots which could be a sign of skin cancer. Keep a lookout for anything changing, itching or bleeding.
If you notice anything suspicious on your skin, or if you have a question about skin care, give our office a call today.
Source: The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)